11.04.2011

Autumn Love


All I've been able to write about lately is how much I'm loving fall this year. But I am. It hasn't been too rainy yet (though it's going to start this week), and the trees are so pretty. A lot of them have already lost their leaves, but some trees are just starting to change! I love walking and hearing the leaves beneath my feet. I love going outside and smelling the mix of earth and chimney smoke. I love colors like mustard and pumpkin and forest green and warm brown. I think the Lord has just put this new appreciation for fall in my heart this year, and I love how it's been making me feel. I just feel so thankful for everything and enjoy being alive.

I was so cold when I was out taking pictures in this. I had goosebumps all over me! I really need some more sweater tights, and a coat!  Where's a good place to get tights?

I really like the colors of the skirt/shirt together. Floral is my absolute favorite type of print to wear. It just makes me feel like a pretty girl, and I love it!
When I saw these cute little brown shoes (for only $7!) 2 days ago, I pretty much just did my own little dance in the shoe section of Goodwill. They're absolutely adorable, and are SO comfortable. I love 'em already.
I think twirly skirts are the best thing ever. Paired with floral, which I said already makes me girly, I just feel so feminine. It's truly lovely. I believe Jesus created twirly skirts for girls just like me. (:

I got the idea for the totally easy and delightfully pretty hairstyle from abeautifulmess.typepad.com. I absolutely LOVE it. I do top knots (or as my friend Veronica calls it, a hot mama bun) all the time, but it'll be nice to have a little variation. It's a super cute way to style my frizzy, curly hair when I don't have time to make it look pretty. What's your go-to hairstyle?

What I Wore
Black tank top: Target
Floral Shirt: JC Penny, a couple years ago
Skirt: Forever 21
Shoes: Thrifted from Goodwill

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Tieka!

    Mhmm. I just love it. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fall too! Although it's been raining a lot here, so I'm kind of burnt out with that! Very nice shoes!

    ReplyDelete