11.01.2011

Changing leaves & "Granny" sweaters

Goodness me I've been so busy just trying to keep up with homework and such that I never blog. Ehhh.

I'm so into fall this year. It's crazy. I've been more appreciative of everything; the changing colors, drinking spicy teas like vanilla chai, the crsip air, and especially the fall color pallate of clothing(especially since fall-colored clothing looks best on me). I feel like my eyes have been opened to how beautiful fall is. This is such a beautiful time of year. I just can't seem to drink in enough of it. God certainly does wonders with colors. (:

After fall, there's always Christmas to look forward to, (and I'm probably the female version of Santa Claus based on how much I love Christmas), but after that, all that's left is the long, dreary, rainy Northwest winter that seems to drag on forever. I get so bogged down, getting up in the morning is nearly impossible, and my wardrobe turns into cozy sweatpants and sweatshirts instead of cute dresses and skirts.

That's kinda what I did this morning I suppose. I had a super cute outfit all ready to go, but I woke up and was too cold to wear it. I definitely needed something cozy, so I pulled out my comfy, oversized sweatshirt. I almost gave in to laziness, but decided to wear my "Granny" sweater.
It was SO cozy. And I shed on everything at school that day! I hugged one of my teachers who had a black sweater on, and she was covered in my sweater "fur". And in Chemistry, after I got up from my chair, it was covered with little white hairs! Oh well. I was cozy. (:
 And the best part, was that almost the entire outfit was thrifted! Eeek! I'm going Goodwill-ing tomorrow, and will hopefully have something exciting new pieces in my wardrobe. (:

 So what's your favorite comfy fall clothing piece?

What I Wore
Scarf: Thrifted
"Granny Sweater": Thrifted
Belt: Thrifted
Jeans: American Eagle
Cowboy Boots: Thrifted

No comments:

Post a Comment